Sunday, January 25, 2009

Disillusioned

It's been a long time since I've posted here and I've fallen far behind the timetable I'd set for myself and the hopes for this humble little self-help page. Funny thing is... I fell prey to the very things I stated I'd debunk here. The very companies that offer zero value for the dollar and serve only to cloud the path to whatever limited success one might garner; those very same companies took something even more valuable from me...

My time.

Every one of them would have you to believe they are THE source for success... they are the ONLY place where ALL the music industry GURUs swing by... the talent agents, record execs, they're all spending their days and nights surfing THIS ONE site and for that magical $39.95 a month, YOU TOO can have it ALL except for the fact that the $39.95 is the most basic entry fee and gets you one crappy non-flash semi-useless web-page and you'll NEVER get featured on their home page where ALL their FRIENDS (a.k.a. those who are stupid enough to pay for the $69.99 monthly upgrade and still sign away 76% of their earnings on downloads) are FEATURED monthly TOTALLY at RANDOM.

Or better still...

That place called BubonicSquids? ...no... IconicDibs? ...no... Con-Ick-Bids? ...hmmm...

If I was to answer/bite/fall for every one of their "last chance / last minute / last ever extension on this once in a lifetime leads" I'd be dumping roughly $120 to $200 per day on an outside chance that some guy might, just might, stop by and briefly try to mispronounce my name before moving on to book the guy with the payola in his hands.

"Ah Luc!" you'll say "I'm so much better than you!"

No you're not.

And even if your are, you might as well save up all that monthly and daily cash and put it in a savings account. Someday you'll have enough to buy yourself a record exec and you'll be on your way.

You'd do better buying shares in Nortel than wasting your hard earned cash on all these bogus "web portals to the promised land"...

You'd also save something far more precious...

Your time.

No comments: